Sunday, April 6, 2008

Artwork IV, and some philosophy




I am not a person who makes drawings often. I don't feel like drawing most of the times largely because it is very time consuming.
So, when do I feel like drawing? Its a very difficult question. From whatever experience I've had till now, I think its either when I'm too happy or too sad. When I'm too happy, I tend to go crazy. So, its a nice way to dissipate that energy. And when I'm down, it helps me feel good. I wonder what the case is with the other people who draw.

About this particular artwork, my reference was a National Geographic photo. The scene is set in British Columbia, Canada. I took an instant liking to the freshness in this photograph.

Infact I've a certain version about this picture which goes as follows - The first girl(from the left) is leaning ahead. I guess she is the most independent among the three and doesn't like being nagged too much. The girl in the middle likes both her friends equally while the third is very affectionate in nature.

By the way, I again used oil pastels and some pencil colours to make this painting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As usual, an awesome piece of art da! kudos!!

But i beg to differ regarding the 3 girls. I can see a story in that picture. The 1st girl (Amanda) is a very good friend, or a cousin of the 2nd girl (Anne) and the 3rd girl (Denise) is the lil sister of the 2nd. So, Amanda is visiting from outside town and Anne and Denise take her down to the shore, which Anne knows is dangerous. Amanda, the tomboy that she is, tries to set foot into the unknown, while Anne tries holding her back. Denise, on seeing that, hugs her elder sis out of fear for Amanda. Amanda will grow up to be someone who does things a little different, Anne, someone who is protective of people she cares for, will make an awesome doc, and Denise will make a superb homemaker! :)

howwzat!??

Anonymous said...

best part of the picture is the water! ;) and the sky merging with the water is nice too..

Anonymous said...

Lovely work, nice story :D

kay gee said...

@ naren

Thanks

And I like the way you think :)

@ durga

thank you
i wish the three girls had come out better. i couldn't do them justice. :(

@ naman

:) thanks!

Unknown said...

Nice work! Creative you.

SATYAANVESHI said...

Ya, really nice!

Share

Share |
Creative Commons License
blog page by aneesh bangia is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 India License.
Permissions beyond the scope of this license may be available at www.somethingisfishy.blogspot.com.